Jet Card or Membership Programs as different providers may refer to them are a very attractive way for many individuals and corporations to meet their private aviation needs. Most programs are very similar in that they offer the following:
- Fixed Point to Point Pricing with No Repositioning Costs
- Guaranteed Availability with some restrictions depending on the program
- Guaranteed Aircraft Size and passenger count
- Predetermined safety and insurance standards
As with most things in life, Guarantees will cost you more. If you are a member of a country club or dining club, you are paying a premium for the guaranteed availability of their services, be it golf, tennis or dining.
There are several important areas within the Jet Card/Membership Contract that need to be looked at closely in order to assess what are really getting for the dollars you are committing up front to the Jet Card/Membership Program
- Are there any annual membership fees associated with the program? If so those fees need to be added to the hourly rate you are being quoted to get a true effective hourly rate.
- Peak Day Surcharge. What are the Peak Days and how much is the surcharge on those days. Typically this can range from 5-15% in most programs.
- Required Notice to Book an aircraft and be guaranteed availability and required notice to cancel and not be charged for a booking. This can range from 8 hours to 5 days depending on the program and can be greater during Peak Days
- Fuel Surcharges – are there any fuel surcharges, if so what are they. Make sure it is outlined in the agreement as these have to be included to calculate your true hourly costs
- Do the hours purchased/funds on account expire? If the hours are not used, are they forfeited completely?
- What is the length of term of the program? What happens when that term is up?
- Aircraft Upgrades and Downgrades? What if you have more people for a particular flight and need a bigger plane? Can you upgrade to a larger plane, if so is there a surcharge to do so? Also, what if you can use a smaller plane for a particular mission, is there the opportunity to downgrade as well?
- Is there a guarantee on the age of the aircraft that will be used for each mission?
- Is the program refundable or cancellable if you don’t like the service?
- What happens in the case of an aircraft mechanical? An unpleasant reality of all aviation, commercial and private, is that planes have mechanical issues that prevent them from flying. Does you program guarantee you a backup aircraft at no additional cost and how long is the wait for a new aircraft?
- International surcharges and destination guarantees. Most programs will charge a surcharge to travel internationally or won’t guarantee certain destinations, such as Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico and the Europe.
Jet Card Membership
The ProspAir Jet Cards are available in four categories: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Black. The levels are based on the size aircraft you select for your flight requirements. The cards have no hidden fees, are all inclusive, and are refundable. ProspAir Jet Card holders can upgrade or downgrade based on specific travel needs. All of our planes are Wi-Fi equipped and include standard catering. Heavy Jets include a flight attendant for added comfort. Contact us today to see how the ProspAir Jet Card can work for you.
Enjoy The Advantages
✓ Simple Monthly Statement
✓ Personal Travel Concierge
✓ Guaranteed Availability
✓ Consistent Rates
✓ Pet Friendly
The Easiest Way to Fly
✓ No peak travel day restrictions
✓ No charge standard catering
✓ No crew overnight charges
✓ No fuel surcharges
✓ No Wi-Fi charges
✓ No parking fees
✓ No landing fees
✓ No taxes
Simplify the charter experience with the ProspAir Jet Card – No Hidden Fees, All Inclusive, 100% Refundable.
Contact us today to become a ProspAir Jet Card member or get started by filling out the ProspAir Jet Card Order Form below.